LOS ANGELES ASIAN PACIFIC FILM FESTIVAL: ENTRY GUIDELINES
The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival accepts films and mediaworks that are principally made by and/or about Asian Pacific Islander individuals and communities around the world. All lengths and genres will be considered.
FILM COMPLETION DATE
All submitted works should have been completed on or after January 1, 2018.
The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival recognizes filmmaking achievement through presentation of juried and balloted awards.
AWARDS FOR FEATURE FILMS may include:
• GRAND JURY AWARD – NORTH AMERICAN FEATURE FILM (Narrative and Documentary Feature)
• GRAND JURY AWARD – INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILM (Narrative and Documentary Feature)
• FESTIVAL AUDIENCE AWARD (Narrative and Documentary Feature)
AWARDS FOR SHORT FILMS include:
• GOLDEN REEL AWARD* (Narrative/Animation Short and Documentary Short)
• LINDA MABALOT NEW DIRECTORS/NEW VISIONS AWARD
*Recipients of the GOLDEN REEL AWARD for Narrative/Animation Short Film will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/Live Action Short Film category of the ACADEMY AWARDS® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy® rules.
ENTRY DEADLINES & FEES
Your signed entry form, entry fee, screener, and press kit must be RECEIVED by one of the following dates:
• EARLY DEADLINE - Monday, October 1, 2018 at 5 pm PST | $35 USD entry fee
• 2ND DEADLINE - Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5pm PST | $45 USD entry fee
• FINAL DEADLINE - Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 5pm PST | $65 USD entry fee
**Visual Communications Members at the Filmmaker level submit for free!
Limit one waiver per member. Find out more about Visual Communications Membership here. **
• FEATURE-LENGTH - Digital; D-Cinema (DCP) with required Blu-Ray disc (NTSC)
• SHORTS - Digital; D-Cinema (DCP) with required .MOV file conforming to Apple ProRes 422 HQ (1920 x 1080 24p 48kHz)
• EPISODICS - Digital; D-Cinema (DCP) with required .MOV file conforming to Apple ProRes 422 HQ (1920 x 1080 24p 48kHz)
• TRANSMEDIA - ALL submissions for site-specific, virtual reality, and transmedia productions (including, but not limited to: multi-channel digital, video, and installation productions, cross-platform productions, image-mapping projections, and augmented-reality experiences) MUST BE accompanied by a detailed proposal for how the work should be exhibited.
Invited entries in language(s) other than English must be subtitled in English in all exhibition media.
PREVIEW FORMATS FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:
Password-protected Vimeo (720p optimal) preferred, or secured online screener.
Please include a press kit with your entry, including (electronic version ONLY):
• Still images (300 dpi). Please provide captions and photo credits for all images.
• Director’s biography
• Director’s filmography
• Director’s statement
• Cast and crew listing
If your film is selected for exhibition, the Festival will use your materials for print and online promotion. We may also request various other items (posters, etc.) to maximize exposure for your film.
Digital media of invited entries must be sent to the Festival pre-paid at a date to be determined prior to the Festival. Return or forward shipping will be covered by the Festival.
The Festival does not pay film rental fees. We choose instead to invest our resources in producing the best possible showcase for your work and promoting your work as widely as possible.
You will be notified of Festival selections by no later than Friday, March 29, 2019.